Tired of throwing out food from your Easter party? Did you roast a big leg of lamb and have it lying around in your fridge? Have too many hard-boiled eggs and not sure what to do with them? Well, why not create recipes using all of your leftovers! Here are three different recipe ideas that make good use of all the unfinished Easter food. They’re easy, delicious and best of all, make you feel good about not letting food go to waste.
There’s nothing more satisfying than creating a whole new dish out of leftovers, especially during the Easter holiday when your kitchen is full of food! Serve these tasty post-holiday dishes for your family and friends.
Cold pasta recipe with leftover Easter ham
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked small pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups leftover ham, cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta with chopped onion, bell pepper, celery, carrots and cubed ham. Toss together with the vinaigrette dressing. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Deviled eggs recipe with Greek yogurt and sundried tomatoes
Makes 12 deviled eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- A pinch of salt, or to taste
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half and scoop the yolks out into a bowl. Set egg whites aside. Smash the yolks with a fork and mix in the yogurt until well-combined.
- Stir in the sundried tomatoes, smoked paprika and salt.
- With a small spoon, fill each egg white with the egg yolk filling. Sprinkle the egg tops with more smoked paprika.
Easter lamb pitas recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- A pinch each of salt and pepper
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups lamb, chopped or shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Slice each pita round in half. Fill each with lettuce, lamb, tomato and onion. Serve with the Tzatziki sauce.