Need some help with good meal options? Check out this tasty Meatless Monday recipe for assorted veggies and hummus rolls!
You’re on a roll!
Sometimes we make rash (and bad) decisions for lunch or dinner (does fast food come to mind?) because we don’t have time to make a healthy meal. Kick those dreadful meal choices to the curb! With a vegetarian recipe like assorted veggie and hummus rolls, it couldn’t be easier to put together a healthy and tasty meal!
Chopping up fresh veggies doesn’t take much time (and sometimes you don’t even need to do that — think pre-packaged lettuce options and sliced mushrooms), and products like Tribe Hummus give you loads of tasty, meat-free and healthy options! Hummus isn’t just for snacking! It can easily go from snack-to-meal for a great lunch or simple supper.
Almost endless options
If you can believe it, Tribe Hummus comes in 16 varieties! Just about all of those choices — from Roasted Eggplant hummus to Cilantro Chimichurri to Zesty Lemon — work really well as part of a veggie sandwich. Another seemingly endless option: the veggies you decide to use for this wrap recipe. Go with grilled zucchini and asparagus, sprouts, olives or radishes! The sky is the limit!
Tribe Hummus uses all natural ingredients in its products, which are also free of artificial flavors, preservatives, cholesterol, hydrogenated oils and high-fructose corn syrup. You can easily find this great hummus sold at grocery stores nationwide. Whether you use it in a Meatless Monday sandwich or scoop it up with crackers or fresh veggies, Tribe Hummus helps to make meal (and snack) options easy!
Assorted veggie and hummus rolls recipe
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Tribe Hummus (there are 16 flavors to choose from)
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Spread a thin layer of the Tribe Hummus of your choice to the edges of the tortilla.
- Layer the veggies, sunflower seeds and cheese (2 slices per sandwich) over the hummus and roll the tortilla. Secure the edges with a toothpick and slice the roll in half to serve.
Meatless Monday recipes and meal options can be easy, even when you’re pressed for time!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Meatless Monday Mediterranean style
Pasta e fagioli
Black bean veggie burgers with corn salsa