Tonight's Dinner: Spaghetti pepperoni pie recipe
Spaghetti is always a kid favorite. Pizza is as well. So imagine the happy faces you'd get if you combine the two.
Spaghetti is one of those dinner recipes that's not only easy to make and get on the table in a short amount of time, but it's a kid favorite too. Then there's pizza, which depending on whether you order in or make your own, is also a quick and easy choice for the dinner table. But I'd never seen them as one entreé until Parents Magazine made the suggestion, and I thought it was a brilliant idea. I mean, if each of these dinners guarantees clean plates on their own, imagine what combining the two would get you. I bet it guarantees an easy dinner, happy faces and full tummies. A perfect combination any night of the week.
Spaghetti pepperoni pie
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 jar chunky pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch pie plate and coat the bottom with bread crumbs.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for one minute less than the package recommends; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta sauce, mozzarella, onion, garlic, pepperoni and pasta. Add the eggs and toss to coat. Spoon the pasta mixture into the pie plate and cook for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Slice into six wedges and serve.