Tonight's Dinner: Rosemary chicken potato pizza recipe
When people think of pizza, they think of tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni. But instead of the standard toppings, why not try something a little healthier. The whole family will be happily surprised.
I've been on this potato kick recently. I'm eating everything from your basic Idaho Russet potatoes, to those cute little Fingerlings to some nice Yukon Golds. They all have their own distinct flavors, making them the perfect choice for a side or an entreé. But I've also been on a bit of a pizza kick recently as you may have noticed from yesterday's dinner post. So I decided to combine these two delicious foods and out came a wonderfully healthy pizza that's not only easy to make, but out of this world as well.
Rosemary chicken potato pizza
- 3 - 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 (12 ounce) package pizza dough
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Whisk together the oil, garlic paste and rosemary in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, garlic powder and basil until smooth and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough to a 12-inch diameter. Place on an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread the ricotta mixture over the dough. Place the sliced potatoes on top of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle the chicken and mozzarella over the whole pizza and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the crust is a nice golden brown. Serve immediately.