Sometimes you can overlook the simplest things. It’s time to break out a classic goodie for this week’s gluten-free goodie of the week recipe — Rice Krispies® treats!
Remember how great it was to bite into one of those sticky, sweet and crunchy Rice Krispies® treats as a kid (OK, or as an adult)? Take a trip back in time to enjoy this classic treat! Rice Krispies® gluten-free cereal is the main ingredient in this dessert recipe. Just be sure to double check your other ingredients to help ensure they’re gluten-free, too. You’ll be sure to bring back good memories and start some new ones, too!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten free Rice Krispies treats recipe
Recipe courtesy of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces or about 40) regular-sized marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Gluten Free cereal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Melt the butter in a large pan over low heat. Toss in the marshmallows and stir them until they’re melted. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- To the pan, add the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Gluten Free cereal. Combine until the cereal is well coated.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Butter a spatula to use as your tool (or you can use waxed paper) to evenly press the mixture into the pan.
- When the cereal mixture has cooled, cut it into 2-inch squares. Serve the same day.
- Nothing beats a classic! Especially when the classic is simple, tasty and gluten-free!
You’ll be glad you broke out this recipe to enjoy these crunchy, sticky sweet treats!