Life can be hectic at times. Don’t let that lack of energy stop you from enjoying a delicious home-cooked meal like this yogurt marinated chicken recipe.
Takeout is always a delicious option for supper. Unfortunately, there is nothing better than a home-cooked meal. What to do?
Fortunately, this Indian chicken recipe combines the best of both worlds. A classic takeout meal that can be made in the comfort of your own home. How simple is that? Yogurt marinated chicken is a classic Indian dish, but now with this flavorful recipe, you can have it in your home on any busy weeknight.
Indian yogurt marinated chicken recipe
Serving size 4
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 10 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cardamom seeds (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced)
- Canola oil
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- In a large bowl, add Greek yogurt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, cardamom seeds, kosher salt, garlic and ginger. Stir until combined, add chicken and coat.
- Cover the bowl and let marinade sit on the chicken for a minimum of two hours, but ideally overnight.
- When the chicken has been marinated, slice the red pepper and onion. In a medium saucepan, drizzle oil and add the red pepper and onion. Cook until soft, add to a plate and cover until chicken is ready. (Optionally you can cook the veggies on the grill for less cleanup.)
- Heat your grill, remove extra marinade from chicken and grill for four minutes per side or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve hot chicken with cooked red pepper and onion. You can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon on top for extra flavor.