BLT tartine, an open-faced sandwich recipe
Tartines are French open-faced sandwiches topped with spreads and simple ingredients. They're a little bit more sophisticated than a traditional sandwich and make for the perfect appetizer or starter course. For this sandwich recipe, I decided to add a French twist on the classic American BLT. Fun to prepare and easy to assemble, try making a tartine for your next big dinner party!
A classic sandwich that's French-inspired
I like the addition of garlic mayonnaise here, but use plain if you prefer. For an extra healthy approach, use dark greens like arugula or kale, and choose whole grain bread instead of white. Serve the BLT tartines next to a creamy tomato soup or a crunchy side salad.
BLT tartine recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 crushed garlic clove (optional)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 cup chopped greens of your choice (arugula, spinach or kale)
- In a pan, crisp up bacon. In the meantime, crush garlic clove and mix with mayo. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices; then spread the garlic mayo on the bread. Top with tomato slices, chopped greens and bacon.