This Valentine’s Day, give your special someone the best start to the day by serving him or her adorable heart-shaped crepes.
These mini crepes are light, fresh and airy and are perfectly paired with low-fat cherry cream cheese topping (or any topping you choose!). Leave the dinner reservations for other people and enjoy your Valentine’s Day in bed with crepes.
A great thing about crepes is that they are naturally lighter and lower in fat than their American counterpart — pancakes. So pile your plate with three or more crepes for an airy breakfast that is not only delicious but won’t weigh you down. Plus, these crepes are blank slates, so you can pair them with whatever tickles your fancy. Chocolate, fruit, jams or sugar, crepes are the perfect complement to just about anything.
Heart-shaped crepes recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Grease a nonstick skillet with a little bit of cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and eggs together. Add milk and water, gradually, whisking in between each addition. Whisk in vanilla and salt; then add melted butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto the skillet, swish it around so it covers the base. Cook on medium-high heat for 1-1/2 minutes, and then flip, cooking an additional minute. Place crepes on a hard surface to cool. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Using different size heart cookie cutters, cut out heart shapes. Serve with cream cheese icing, fresh fruit or whipped cream!