Gluten-free goodie of the week: Chocolate mousse with raspberries and cream
It's that time of year when hearts are aflutter! If you're interested in amore for Valentine's Day, consider whipping up this fluffy, chocolaty, gluten-free treat!
Who doesn't love chocolate mixed with the sweet taste of fresh raspberries? This is a classic dessert recipe that will definitely increase the levels of love on the most romantic holiday of the year!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
This recipe was adapted from Celiac.com.
Chocolate mousse recipe with raspberries and cream
- 1/3 cup sugar ?
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ?1 cup milk ?
- 1/2 cup water
- ?4 egg yolks, beaten
- ?1-3/4 cups Ghirardelli 60 percent cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped ?
- Extra whipping cream, whipped (about 1/2 cup) for garnish
- 1 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium-sized, heatproof bowl.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, add the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the milk and water. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir about half of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks, and then return the mixture to the saucepan. Boil gently for about a minute, stirring constantly. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and the vanilla to the hot mixture. Mix all together until the chips have melted. Once melted, pour the mixture into a small metal bowl. Set the bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice water. Beat with a mixer on high speed for about five minutes, or until the chocolate mixture is completely cooled. Fold in the 3/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Add the raspberries to a bowl and pierce them, allowing the juices to run out. Keep refrigerated until you're ready to use them.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into dessert dishes and cover each with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- When you're ready to serve, top each dish with a dollop of the whipping cream and spoon the raspberries and their juices over the top of each serving.
Satisfy your love for chocolate! This traditional, delightful dessert recipe will win the hearts of your loved ones!