From just watching commercials, you’d think Valentine’s Day was just a day men show us how much they love us. Make this Valentine’s Day all about him with this hearty, man-sized omelet.
Pampering your man on Valentine’s Day isn’t really that hard. He probably doesn’t care about flowers and would likely prefer a king-sized candy bar to truffles. But that doesn’t mean he would say no to some of the other perks we ladies take for granted. This year, make your boyfriend, husband or even your dad this deliciously manly breakfast.
Country omelet recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pancake batter (optional)
- 1/4 pound spicy breakfast sausage, browned
- 3 to 4 ounces frozen hash browns, browned
- 1/4 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 small yellow onion, julienned
- 3 to 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup homestyle cream gravy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs slightly, add the pancake batter and continue to beat until well combined. The pancake batter will help the eggs stand up to the hearty ingredients better and reduce the likelihood of burning the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture onto a buttered griddle slowly, using a spatula to ensure the eggs cook into a rectangular shape (about three inches by six or seven inches). The more slowly you pour, the more control you’ll have over the shape (just scrape the eggs gently back if they overflow).
- Add half the cheese and the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Slightly to the right of the center of your rectangle, sprinkle the sausage, hash browns, peppers, onions and remaining cheese (don’t go all the way to the right edge).
- When your egg is cooked through, fold the right (short) side of the rectangle over the ingredients. Then fold the left (longer) side over that. (It should look like a burrito).
- Place the omelet on the plate (folded side down) and top with gravy.
Sweetheart mimosa recipe
- 5 ounces Champagne (use lemon-lime soda for a nonalcoholic version)
- 5 ounces cranberry juice
- Pour the cranberry juice into a tall, thin glass (like a Champagne flute or footed pilsner).
- Top with Champagne and serve.