Slow-cooker meals are perfect for the busy family. With concentrated beef and chicken stocks, you can add rich flavor that kicks your recipes up to a new level of yum.
Slow-cooked braised short ribs with gravy
Adapted from Knorr; serves 6
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3-1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock — beef
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound cipollini onions, peeled
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown short ribs on all sides. Remove short ribs to plate. Deglaze pan with a little water, then add the liquid to a large slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in another skillet over low heat, and cook onion and garlic to caramelize. Stir into slow cooker with deglazing liquid. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock, cornstarch and water. Add ribs, carrots, onions, thyme and bay leaves.
- Cook on low for eight hours.
- Remove ribs to serving dish and pour the gravy over the ribs to serve.
An easy dish that is perfect for family meals or a casual get-together.
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tub of Knorr Homestyle Stock — chicken
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and top with the taco seasoning.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Serve with rice.
Slow-cooked chicken and rice soup
Try this hearty soup with a heated baguette and a crisp salad for a meal your family will love.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 4 cups water
- 2 tubs of Knorr Homestyle Stock — chicken
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Combine celery, chicken, stock, water, rice, vegetables and rosemary in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- If soup is too thick, add more water to dilute and allow 15 minutes of additional cooking time.
Create exotic flavor with this easy slow-cooker dish.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock — chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (13-1/2 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and curry powder. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and mix to coat.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, apple, onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, water, coconut milk and chicken stock. Top with chicken. Pour water over chicken mixture.
- Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
You may also like…
Slow-cooked French onion soup
Slow-cooked pulled pork recipes and ideas
Tonight’s dinner: Slow-cooked short ribs with mushrooms