Sandwiches are usually relegated to the lunch section of the day. But with some nice crusty bread, Brie cheese and a great pesto mayo, your sandwich just became worthy of dinner.
Before I had my son and insisted that our family eat dinner together every night, my husband and I would often scrounge for leftovers or throw together a sandwich that we could eat while sitting on the couch catching up on our favorite show or movie. Needless to say, we don’t do that anymore. But there are still those times every so often when I just want a sandwich for dinner: something that isn’t too heavy and is quick and easy to make. But since I tend to prefer something more interesting than plain old ham and cheese, I look for ways to upgrade. A Brie cheese and pesto mayo sandwich is just one way to turn that plain roast beef into something that’s not only special, but so decadent, it just has to be eaten for dinner.
Roast beef and Brie baguettes
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 small baguettes
- 1/4 pound roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Brie cheese, sliced
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl until well combined.
- Slice the baguettes in half length-wise. Spread the pesto mayonnaise on one side of each baguette and set aside.
- Sear the roast beef in a small skillet over medium-high heat until heated through, one to two minutes. Lay the hot roast beef on the other side of each baguette. Top the beef with the sliced Brie. Lay the mayonnaise-topped baguette on top and serve.