Barbecue cups recipe
Your kids will love these mini-cups filled with delicious barbecue-style ground turkey. Served with your favorite sides, these tiny treats will quickly become a favorite family meal.
These scrumptious muffin-style cups may be little, but they're huge on crowd-pleasing appeal. Let your kids help roll out the dough while you cook up the meat. Then mix and fill them together before popping them in the oven!
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerator biscuits
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 dashes liquid smoke
- 2 to 4 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in cooking spray for three to four minutes.
- Add ground turkey and season with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- With a rolling pin, roll each biscuit into a flat disk (using flour to keep it from sticking) and place in a muffin tin (as if it were a cupcake liner), pressing them in place where necessary.
- Mix the meat and onions with beans, barbecue sauce, garlic and liquid smoke.
- Fill each biscuit cup with barbecue mixture.
- Top each barbecue cup with a pinch of cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.