The Super Bowl is not only a great time for football (obviously) and for hilarious commercials, but it’s a great time to indulge. However, eating the same ol’ nacho cheese dip with Velveeta, buffalo wings and pizza can get a little old and overdone. Instead of dialing Papa Johns for the fifth year in a row, impress your friends (or just yourself) with these bite size, delicious and fancy party appetizers.
Leave the nachos and chunky cheese dip for your neighbor’s party and instantly add class to your Super Bowl soiree with these finger foods and savory dips. Who said you couldn’t be classy on game day?
Bacon wrapped potato bites recipe
Yields 10 pieces
- 5 pieces bacon, cut in half horizontally
- 2 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet and lightly cover with cooking spray. Set aside. Mix oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a pot, add potatoes with a dash of sea salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for about three minutes longer, or until potatoes are slightly soft. Rinse and drain. Place in the oil mixture and let cool completely, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes have cooled, wrap each one in the bacon half. Secure with a toothpick and place on the foil. Repeat until all bacon has been used.
- Sprinkle potatoes with dash of sea salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes on each side, or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve with sour cream or on their own!
BLT dip recipe with crispy pita chips
For the dip:
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
For the chips:
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- To prepare the dip: In a medium bowl, mix mayo, sour cream and tomato until finely mixed. Add 3/4 bacon crumbles and freshly chopped spinach, mix well. Garnish with additional spinach and bacon crumbles. Let chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To prepare chips: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut each pita into triangles and place on the cookie sheet. Mix olive oil with the herbs in a shallow bowl. Using a brush, lightly brush each pita chip with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with additional sea salt and bake for seven minutes or until browned and crispy.
Mini quiches recipe
Yields 6 quiches
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
For the cooking instructions on these quiches and nutrition facts, be sure to check out the Realistic Nutritionist! To make your party even fancier, serve these bite size morsels and dips with beermosas. They’re so good and since they are made with beer, even the football lovin’ men will drink them up!
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.