There’s no better feeling than when you need to get dinner rolling, and you have a quick, delicious and healthy recipe on hand! This recipe for warm lentil salad with grilled portabella fits the bill!
Kettle Cuisine is an independent, artisan soup maker that uses all-natural ingredients in its products. This dish incorporates Kettle Cuisine Roasted Vegetable Soup into the mix for great flavor, nutrition, and best of all, simplicity. Kettle Cuisine offers all natural and all gluten-free soups, chilies and chowders in single-serve portions that you can find in the freezer section of many grocery stores.
This salad recipe was created by Kettle Cuisine’s Chef Joseph Ascoli and is hearty and tasty for a great gluten-free option.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Warm lentil salad with grilled portabella mushrooms recipe
Portabella mushrooms are a great meat substitute because of their hearty texture. The portabella mushrooms served alongside a warm salad makes this a perfect, quick-fix for a great gluten-free dinner.
- 1 (10 ounce) bowl Kettle Cuisine Roasted Vegetable Soup (thawed overnight in the refrigerator)
- 10 ounces lentils, cooked and drained
- 2 ounces red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 ounces firm tofu, diced
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tzatziki sauce or another favorite dip (as garnish)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish instead of tzatziki: drizzles of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Heat a panini grill or a regular grill. Rub the portabella caps with the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the caps on both sides until the flesh softens and takes on a charred or grill-marked appearance.
- Warm the soup until heated through; then mix in the cooked lentils.
- Add the red bell pepper and tofu, mixing gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Slice each grilled portabella cap into four sections and arrange on plates. Place about 1/2 cup of the warm lentil salad on each plate.
- Garnish each plate with one tablespoon of tzatziki or drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
When dinnertime rolls around and you’re looking for something to put together quickly, this salad recipe and Kettle Cuisine soups make prep easier!