Here’s a wonderful pasta recipe that’s high in fiber and gluten-free. Mung bean pasta is a great alternative for those of you who suffer from celiac disease or wheat allergies. The secret ingredient here is the aromatic and delicious truffle butter. A little goes a long way, but if you feel the need for more truffle flavor, you can also add a few dashes of truffle oil.
Satisfying and creamy, this gluten-free pasta is made with just mung beans and water, lending a pretty olive hue to the dish. You can find mung bean pasta at most specialty or health food stores.
Gluten-free pasta with truffle butter recipe
- 1 package mung bean fettuccini pasta, or any shape
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 3 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons truffle butter
- Truffle oil, optional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- In a bowl, whisk egg, heavy cream, cheese, salt and white pepper.
- Add pasta back to the pan you cooked it in and add truffle butter and pasta water. Stir in egg mixture and mix well.
- Add optional truffle oil to taste. To serve, top with more grated cheese.