This simple, yet satisfying noodle dish is great when you’re not sure what to cook and don’t have a lot of time. It’s the perfect Asian-inspired recipe to make for your family in a pinch. Just toss in a few ingredients with some vermicelli noodles and you’ve got dinner on the table in no time!
Have fun and use what you have. The beauty of this noodle recipe is you can substitute in with whatever vegetables or meat you want.
Quick Asian noodles with shrimp recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 ounces dried vermicelli noodles
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 scallion sprigs, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, salt and sugar together. Set aside.
- Soak rice noodles in hot water for about three minutes, until soft. Set aside.
- In a wok or wide pan, heat oil on medium-high heat and saute garlic for two minutes or until brown. Crack an egg into the pan and quickly stir to cook in the oil and garlic.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink. Mix in soy sauce mixture, pepper and scallions and stir.
- Add rice vermicelli noodles to the pan and toss all ingredients together well. Plate and serve with more scallions on top.