3 Delicious soup recipes
One pot meals are one of the best and easiest dishes to prepare when you're in a hurry. These one pot wonders are also as delicious as they are simple to make. Whether you are in the mood for chunky vegetables or want something more tropical like creamy avocado, these tasty soups are sure to wow your family as much as they wow you.
The key to a great soup is in the ingredients, so the fresher the vegetables, the better. Not sure what to pair the soups with to make a meal? Pair the savory double mushroom soup with crusty bread, the loaded baked potato with a fresh, crisp salad and the chilled avocado with a side of tortilla chips and a fresh fish taco. Who said meal planning had to be difficult?
Hearty double mushroom soup recipe
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package fresh baby bell mushrooms
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a crock pot, mix mushrooms, broth, carrot, celery, onion and herbs. Cook on high for 3-1/2 hours or on low for six hours until vegetables are tender and broth has darkened.
- Garnish with additional fresh basil and enjoy!
Low-fat loaded baked potato recipe
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 1 clove chopped)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Bake potatoes until they are soft. Cut up and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft, about four minutes. Sift in flour, basil, salt and pepper. Gradually add broth to mixture, stirring until mixed. Bring mixture to a boil. Add the potatoes and cream and heat until cooked through, but not boiled. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped bacon, cheese and minced fresh parsley!
Chilled avocado soup recipe
- 2 soft ripened avocados, pits removed
- 1-1/2 cups light sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Scoop avocado out and place into a food processor or blender. Blend until avocado is no longer chunky. Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro. Blend until soup is completely smooth.
- Chill for at least three hours. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!