One of my favorite snacks is french fries and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like them. A healthy alternative is to bake them in the oven, which also eliminates the oily mess from frying.
I used a mix of two healthy vegetables, sweet potatoes and carrots, which are flavorful and packed with vitamins and minerals. They may not be as crispy as traditional fries, but they’re so much better for you. Your family won’t even know they’re eating something healthy!
Serve these oven-baked fries with your favorite condiment
These carrot and sweet potato fries are crisp on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside. You can easily alter the recipe to your taste, so feel free to add other spices like cayenne pepper or garlic.
Baked sweet potato and carrot fries recipe
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (like rosemary, oregano or thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss together sweet potato and carrot strips with olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Arrange strips in a single layer and place in the oven.
- With a spatula, toss fries around two to three times to evenly crisp up. Bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown.