Golden Globe-inspired cocktail recipes
On Jan. 15, the 69th Annual Golden Globes will air and if you're hosting a viewing party -- whether it's a small get-together with your closest friends or an all-out bash -- a fun way to tie your party to the theme is by serving cocktails inspired by nominated actors or their characters.
A fabulous way to entertain guests at your Golden Globe Awards viewing party is by serving Golden Globe-inspired cocktails. Based on characters portrayed by Golden Globe nominees, these cocktail recipes are certain to please, not only because they taste fabulous, but also because they are so perfectly themed.
Kenneth Branagh was nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role for his portrayal of Sir Oliver Walter in in My Week with Marilyn. The masterminds behind Beefeater London Gin concocted this fabulous cocktail recipe -- complete with a punch Marilyn herself would have loved.
- 4 parts Beefeater London Dry Gin
- 2 parts Sweet Vermouth
- 1 part Creme de Framboise
- 5 parts blood orange juice
- 2 parts blood orange sorbet
- 1 bottle Champagne
- Blood orange slices and raspberries to garnish
- Put all of the ingredients except the Champagne on rock ice in a bowl or jug.
- Stir to chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with the blood orange slices and raspberries.
- Serve in Collins or punch glasses topped with Champagne.
Directions for blood orange sherbet:
- Zest five blood oranges into a pan and then squeeze in their juice.
- Add 15 tablespoons of caster sugar and slowly heat to dissolve the sugar. Do not allow it to boil!
- Leave to infuse and let cool for thirty minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
Eat my... chocolate martini
Minny Jackson, the beloved and feisty character from The Help who baked a "special" cake and told Hilly Holbrook to eat her... well, you know, was portrayed by Octavia Spencer. The amazing performance earned Spencer a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role.
Learn the real story behind The Help >>
We thought you might enjoy a Minny-inspired cocktail: A chocolate martini with a "surprise." This Golden Globe cocktail recipe is from our New Year's cocktails archives, but we've added a little Minny twist, almost like she did in her cake.
- 2 ounces dark chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces creme de cacao
- 1 ounce half and half
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate powder
- Grated semisweet chocolate
- Combine dark chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, half and half and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until frothy.
- Dip a chilled martini glass into chocolate syrup and then dip into chocolate powder.
- Pour cocktail into prepared glass.
- Top with grated semisweet chocolate. It's just garnish... or is it?!
Kate Winslet is nominated for a Golden Globe in the Best Performance by an Actress in a musical or comedy for her role in Carnage. Winslet is a fan of Champagne, so toast her Carnage nomination with this delish cocktail by Beefeater 24 Gin.
- 1-1/2 parts Beefeater 24 Gin
- 3/4 parts fresh pink grapefruit Juice
- 1/4 part sugar syrup
- Grapefruit peel to garnish
- Shake all ingredients, except the Champagne, with ice.
- Strain into a glass.
- Top up with Champagne and garnish with a long twist of grapefruit peel.
Watch: How to play "Celebrity"
The game of "Celebrity" is a fun diversion for everyone, especially those who consider entertainment reports front-page news.