Shrimp isn’t just the cheapest shellfish you can buy. It’s also the most versatile, making it a great choice when you don’t know what to make for dinner.
Shrimp is that shellfish that seems to go well with anything. You can add it to risotto for a little protein. You can add them to soup to make it a heartier meal. You can add them to a salad when you want something instead of chicken or you can eat them on their own. While I love adding shrimp to a salad or risotto, I also adore eating them all by themselves. One of my favorites choices is “peel & eat shrimp.” But I also like to peel them and douse them in sauce before I cook them. These hoisin shrimp kabobs take such a minimal amount of time, they’re the perfect choice on those busy, “I-just-don’t-have-time-to-cook” nights.
Grilled hoisin shrimp kabobs
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Heat oil in a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Baste the shrimp with hoisin sauce and lay on the pan. Continue basting the shrimp until cooked through, about three minutes per side.
- Transfer shrimp to serving plates, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with salad or rice.
Other shrimp recipes
Cajun style baked shrimp
Chili lime shrimp
Deviled eggs with shrimp