Radish & parsley salad with lemon anchovy dressing recipe
If you haven't cooked with anchovies before, let this be your first time! I grew up eating dried anchovies in appetizers and side dishes and they don't taste fishy like most people think.
I love using anchovies in dressings because they bring out a wonderful flavor in fresh vegetables. Here's a basic salad that's incredibly refreshing and rustic with beautiful red radishes and bright green parsley.
A great alternative to traditional salads
I like to buy jarred anchovies packed in olive oil and incorporate some of the oil into the dressing for added flavor. Pair these peppery radishes with a hearty pasta dish and a glass of wine.
Radish & parsley salad recipe with lemon anchovy dressing
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned and quartered
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved for topping
- In a bowl, combine radishes and parsley. Set aside.
- Add anchovies, lemon juice and garlic into a food processor or blender and start to puree. With the motor running, slowly drizzle olive oil; then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour anchovy dressing into bowl with radishes and parsley. Mix well and top with Parmesan cheese.