With the holidays over, everyone wants a healthy start to the new year. Now that people are back into work mode, nobody wants to think about time consuming meals to prepare, especially side dishes.
Look no further. These crisp Asian-style green beans are seasoned with garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce. It’s the perfect weeknight side dish and you can have it on your dinner table in 15 minutes!
A no-fuss weeknight side dish with the flavors of Asia
Quick and easy to prepare, the green beans are cooked for only a few minutes to retain their crisp texture. For the perfect dinner night in, serve this green bean recipe with a seared salmon fillet or grilled chicken.
Asian green beans with sesame and garlic recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound green beans, washed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add garlic slices and cook for a minute.
- Stir in green beans and sesame oil and cook for eight to 10 minutes. Beans will turn bright green.
- Add soy sauce and cook for another five minutes, stirring frequently, and then mix in sesame seeds and transfer to serving platter.
More vegetable recipes
Low-sodium shiitake mushroom and veggie stir-fry recipe
Baked acorn squash recipe
Mustard glazed carrots recipe