Butternut squash soup recipe with carrots and potatoes
Simple, healthy and delicious, butternut squash soup is a classic dish to make during the fall and winter seasons. Over the years I've been making variations, adding twists and tweaks with different herbs or other vegetables. For this butternut squash soup recipe I blended squash with carrots and potatoes for even more flavor and creaminess. This healthy soup is an excellent source of vitamins A and E and is rich in fiber.
The perfect soup to keep you warm on a chilly night
Serve this butternut squash soup at your next dinner party as a great starter course or as the main dish with slices of hearty whole grain toast. Beautiful to look at with its vibrant color, this is a wonderful soup to add to your winter recipe collection!
Butternut squash soup with carrots and potatoes recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a large pot and cook garlic, onions, carrots, potato and butternut squash for five minutes on medium-high heat.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover pot, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Cool soup down a bit, and then transfer to a blender. Blend to desired consistency until smooth. You may need to do this in batches. Return pureed mixture to pot and set heat on low. Stir in cream, and then season with salt and pepper.