Carrots spiced with fresh ginger, cumin and chili
You may think the spices used in this recipe are a bit unusual, but this flavorful side dish will pair quite well with a traditional American meal. The spiced carrots are healthy and extremely easy to prepare. Make this your new go-to recipe for carrots. It will be an instant hit with your family!
A simple and flavorful way to prepare carrots
Carrots are a versatile vegetable and readily available year-round, perfect to prepare during the winter months. In this carrot recipe, they are flavored with agave syrup, which gives a warm sweetness and depth to contrast with your main course. For a little crunch, try not to overcook the carrots!
Spiced carrots recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan on medium high heat, add carrots with coconut oil, agave and water. Season the carrots with cumin, cayenne, ginger, salt and pepper and stir occasionally.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until tender and caramelized.