Just like last year, Christmas has crept up on us with little warning, minus the fact that the stores have been decorated since before Halloween. If you have gotten this close to Christmas without planning your feast, here is a roundup of our favorite recipes to make your Christmas dinner complete.
Start with an appetizer everyone will love. Try this super easy and tasty buffalo chicken dip recipe from SheKnows.
Buffalo chicken dip
Yields 5 cups
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (or less if you prefer a milder dip)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, chopped into 4-inch dipping pieces
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 bag tortilla chips or crackers
For the main course, prime rib is a must-have Christmas entrée. Be sure to include a few hearty sides, some rolls and a few bottles of wine. These side options will go perfectly with your perfectly roasted beef.
- Herb and garlic rubbed prime rib
- Green bean casserole
- Sweet potato casserole
- Brussels sprouts with pancetta and orange
- Pumpkin macaroni and cheese
Of course no Christmas meal is complete without dessert. Serve up a homemade pecan pie and some fresh baked sugar cookies. Add some fun to dinner especially if kids are involved by having frosting, candies and sprinkles so everyone can decorate their own cookies.