Around the world, people are prepping for their Christmas dinners. What goes great with things like salads, soups and green bean casserole? Croutons! If you follow a gluten-free diet, don’t fear these crunchy croutons!
Sometimes it’s difficult to eat what the majority of your guests are eating, particularly if you follow a gluten-free diet. The holidays can be especially challenging! If you’re up for croutons with your salads and other side dishes, consider this crouton recipe to make your own gluten-free version using Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Hamburger Buns.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Homemade crunchy gluten-free croutons recipe
Yields 3-4 cups
Recipe courtesy of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery
- 1 package Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Hamburger Buns
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Dried herbs or seasonings (e.g. basil, oregano, garlic powder)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cube the buns and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil or melted butter over the cubes and sprinkle the dried herbs on top. Toss lightly to coat.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the cubes for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Use the croutons to top your favorite soup, salad or side dish.
Break out all the stops for the holiday festivities! Enjoy your soups, salads and side dish recipes with gluten-free croutons!