5 Great snacks in less than 15 minutes
Whether you’re feeding a crowd or just in the mood for a late-night snack, you should always have a few recipes up your sleeve for quick snacks. These delicious treats can be hot and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Cucumber dill crackers
These mini sandwiches take just minutes to throw together, but look fancy enough to impress any guest. They taste great too!
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Mix the cream cheese and Italian dressing.
- Spread the mixture on crackers, and then top with cucumbers and dill. Serve immediately.
Cheddar apple quesadillas
These quesadillas are the perfect mix of sweet and savory. Use a tart apple for an extra kick of flavor.
- Butter or non-stick spray
- 2 tortillas
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large pan, or use non-stick spray. Place one tortilla in the pan and spread apple slices across the tortilla.
- Cover the apple slices in cheese, then top with the second tortilla.
- Cook on medium heat for two to three minutes, or until the tortilla begins to brown. Flip the tortilla over and brown the other side. Slice the quesadilla and serve immediately.
These aren't your everyday nachos. The whole wheat pitas are not only healthier than most chips, but they're thick and sturdy enough to hold up to a pile of delicious toppings.
- 1 Whole wheat pita
- Shredded cheese
- Green onion
- Black olives
- Open the pita and split it into two sides. Cut each side into wedges.
- Lay the pita wedges out on a cookie sheet and broil for about five minutes, or until they are crispy.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and top with salsa, cheese, onions and any other nacho toppings you love. Broil the topped wedges for another five minutes, or until the cheese is melted and begins to bubble. Serve immediately with a side of sour cream.
Microwave potato wedges
These quick and easy potato wedges are spiced just right. They take just minutes to prepare in the microwave, but taste like something you'd be served at a restaurant or bar. Change up the toppings and experiment with dips to make them exactly what you're hungry for.
- 3 to 4 large potatoes, wedged
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Toss the potato wedges in the olive oil until coated.
- Pierce each wedge several times with a fork and set them out on a microwave-safe plate.
- Sprinkle the wedges with the seasonings to taste, followed by the cheese. Microwave the wedges for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Sometimes you have to give in to your sweet tooth. Here's a way to do it without completely giving up your diet.
- Apple, sliced
- Melted chocolate
- Caramel sauce
- Nuts (any variety your prefer)
- Lay apple slices out on a plate.
- Drizzle with chocolate and caramel, then sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.
Save even more time by assembling snack ahead of time and cooking at the last minute.