Vegan chocolate almond cookie recipe
I’m always looking for easy cookie recipes and this is one of them. This vegan cookie recipe is healthy, dairy-free and a delight for chocoholics. Yes, you know who you are! They're chocolaty with a pronounced almond flavor. They not only taste great but fill your home with the wonderful scent of cocoa as well. There is nothing more comforting than baking a fresh batch of cookies on a cold winter day, especially during the holidays.
These are really rich and delicious and will appeal to anyone who is looking for a healthy alternative to store bought chocolate cookies. The secret is adding coconut flakes and coconut oil to the batter, which brings out the bold cocoa flavor. Top off this vegan chocolate cookie with some powdered sugar for a more festive look. Eat a few and enjoy during the holiday season; there's no need to feel guilty here!
A decadent vegan chocolate almond cookie recipe for Christmas
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 dates, chopped and made into a paste
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Roll mixture into 12 to 18 balls, and then flatten in a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.