It’s the time of year to put on your party dress and enjoy the season with friends! If you’re hosting a party, be sure to try these festive holiday cocktail recipes and raise your glass to toast the season!
These recipes make delightful holiday drinks. They’re just the type that you want to break out for this special time of year. Whether you like to clink glasses with a drink that’s bubbly or colorful, you’ll be sure to enjoy these! Be sure to check out the non-alcoholic version for the designated driver.
Pomegranate Champagne punch
You can’t have a holiday party without Champagne — or something bubbly! This cocktail recipe from Eating Well is lively and colorful, can be easily modified as a non-alcoholic version by combining 2-1/2 cups seltzer and 2 cups pomegranate juice along with the garnish. Cheers!
- 2 cups Champagne
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup seltzer
- 1/2 cup citrus vodka
- Lemon twists, for garnish
- Combine Champagne, pomegranate juice, seltzer and vodka in a large bowl or pitcher.
- Serve over ice with a twist of lemon.
Gin, Chambord and peppermint sparkler
Peppermint adds the taste of the season to this gin-based cocktail recipe. The pretty rose color and fizz of this drink might have you toasting all evening!
- 4 ounces gin
- 2 ounces Chambord
- 2 splashes peppermint schnapps
- Lemon-lime soda
- Place the gin, Chambord and schnapps into a tall cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Stir the mixture briefly and then top with the soda. Serve immediately.
Created by Nikki Cascone, this martini has “holidays” written all over it! Not only is the drink delicious with its vanilla and coffee flavors, but it’s garnished with a graham cracker and cinnamon for added holiday spirit.
- 2 ounces Stoli Vanil ?
- 1-1/2 ounces espresso?
- 1-1/2 ounces simple syrup
- For garnish: ground cinnamon, raw sugar and graham crackers?
- Shake the ingredients together with a small amount of ice.
- Pour and spoon out the foam on top.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and raw sugar on top and garnish with a graham cracker piece.
You just can’t let the holidays pass without sipping on some eggnog. This lovely martini recipe from Martha Stewart combines brandy with the seasonings and spices that make the festivities sparkle!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 8 cups whole milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 cups brandy
- Set a large fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl. Place bottom of bowl in an ice bath; set aside. Off heat, in a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually whisk in four cups milk, taking care to incorporate the cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble sputters, 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking constantly, for one minute more. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir in remaining four cups milk. Let cool completely in bowl still set in ice bath.
- Just before serving, stir in brandy, and ladle into glasses; garnish with pumpkin pie spice.
Lemony gin punch
The gin, honey and citrus in this drink from Real Simple add a little bit of sunshine to the cold winter temperature outside!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup club soda
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup gin
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and one cup water to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir in the honey, and let cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the club soda, lemon juice and gin. Serve over ice; garnish each glass with a lemon wedge.
It’s the season for celebrating with friends and loved ones! Raise a glass of something festive and delicious and toast the season!