Gluten-free goodie of the week: Cranberry swirl spice cake
Perfect with a cup of coffee, eggnog or hot chocolate, this gluten-free cranberry swirl spice cake is a festive goodie that's easy to make and gorgeous to serve guests during the holiday season.
The colors of the season are a beautiful feast for the eyes, and the holiday treats often follow along! Take this coffee cake recipe, for example: The color and flavor of cranberries help to bring on its merry goodness. This cake is delightful when you're warming up with a hot drink or visiting with friends!
Glutino makes a wide variety of gluten-free products from pie crust and cake mixes to frozen meals to breads and snacks. Try their Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix for this holiday treat, to make baking as easy as possible.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free cranberry swirl spice cake
- 4 cups Glutino Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat gluten-free sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberries mixed with 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts
Glaze: (Mix together)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-cup tube pan and dust it with rice flour.
- Beat the butter until fluffy, and then combine the mix with your spices.
- Add the mix to the butter and beat to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Fold in the sour cream.
- Layer half of the batter in the pan. Spread with half the cranberry mixture and sprinkle with half the walnuts.
- Top with the remaining batter, and then cover with the remainder of the cranberry mixture and walnuts.
- Bake 60 minutes and allow to cool completely. Remove from pan and drizzle with glaze.
The colors and flavors of the season will be gone before you know it. Enjoy it while you can with treats like this gluten-free coffee cake!
Watch: How to make eggnog
What's the holiday season without a glass of creamy eggnog?