Tonight's Dinner: Sweet and sour meatballs
Frozen meatballs and a slow cooker are all you need to turn a typical party dish into a delicious dinner the whole family will love.
There's nothing better or easier than sweet and sour meatballs when you're having a large party. They're easy because all the ingredients go in the slow cooker, and they're the perfect party food because they're bite-sized and can just be popped in your mouth one toothpick at a time. But you're probably wondering how a party nibblet can be turned into a full dinner for the family. That's easy. Just add some rice and a healthy spoonful of meatballs and you've got a nice dinner everyone can enjoy.
Sweet & sour meatballs
- 2 (10 ounce) jars sweet & sour sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- Place the first eight ingredients (through the pineapple) into a slow cooker. Stir gently to coat the meatballs, cover with the lid, and cook on high for four to five hours.
- Scoop a half cup of the rice onto each of four serving plates. Spoon the meatballs and sauce over the rice and serve.