This is a gluten-free dessert with double duty for the holidays: These little chocolaty cakes taste amazing and they look so festive displayed on a tray!
Courtesy of Betty Crocker, these treats incorporate additional gluten-free goodies to make this a decadent treat for anyone — the York Peppermint Patties and candy cane crumbles scream holiday festivities! If you’re looking to add even more flair to the look of these gluten-free brownie cakes, use red and green muffin cups with this recipe. These are a chocolate (and mint) lover’s dream!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Serves 12 people
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free brownie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 12 mini York Peppermint Patties
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 (2-inch) gluten-free candy canes, coarsely crushed
- 12 baking cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper baking cups in each of the 12 regular-sized muffin cups. In a medium bowl, stir the brownie mix, melted butter and eggs until well blended. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Place one Peppermint Pattie on top of the batter in each cup; press each pattie into the batter, about 1/4 inch.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until the edges are firm. Cool for about five minutes, and remove the cakes from the muffin pan and place them on a cooling rack. Cool completely, for about one hour.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips on high for about one minute (check and stir every 10 seconds). Stir until smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate on each brownie cup. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Paired with the taste of mint and the festive candy cane crumbles, chocolate makes this gluten-free dessert something everyone will enjoy this holiday season!