Did one of your closest friends just go vegetarian? Are your teens eating vegan as a way to support animal rights? Whether you’re a foodie and buy everyone gourmet goodies or you simply want to honor your loved ones’ dietary choices, buying Christmas gifts for vegans and vegetarians can be challenging. Fret not! Here are a few of our top gourmet vegan and vegetarian gift ideas.
You can’t go wrong buying a cruelty-free cookbook for your favorite vegan or vegetarian. Not only are vegan and vegetarian cookbooks more readily available, they are absolutely stunning and deliciously packed with recipes compared to meat-free cookbooks of the past.
Consider wrapping up one of these cruelty-free cookbooks:
- The Compassionate Diet by Arran Stephens – Ideal for the vegetarian who wants to know the whys and hows of a meat-free diet
- The Part-Time Vegan: 201 Yummy Recipes That Put the Fun in Flexitarian by Cherise Grifoni – For the aspiring vegan
- Cook Without A Book: Meatless Meals by Pam Anderson – Perfect for part-time and full-time vegetarians
- Spork-Fed: Super Fun And Flavorful Vegan Recipes From The Sisters Of Spork Foods by Jenny Engel and Heather Goldberg – Super fun cookbook for any vegan
- Raw Desserts: Mouthwatering Recipes for Cookies, Cakes, Pastries, Pies, and More by Erica Palmcrantz and Irmela Lilja – Ideal for the dessert lover or raw foodist
- Vegan Pie in the Sky by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero – For the animal-free baker
- The Tipsy Vegan by John Schlimm – Perfect for the vegan who likes it when the kitchen meets the bar
Calivirgin Flavored Olive Oil Trio
Since butter is off the menu, gift your vegan and vegetarian giftees with a gourmet trio of fine olive oils. Calivirgin offers three 250 milliliter bottles of Calivirgin flavored olive oils, including Lusty Lemon, Bountiful Basil & Hot Virgin Jalapeno. This gift set also comes with three stainless steel pour spouts and is packaged in a fancy Calivirgin gift box.
Sweetriot Monthly Fix Club Membership
(Sweetriot.com, starting at $34)
Delight your giftee with a club membership to receive monthly shipments of a delicious new dark chocolate bar made with organic cacao beans, packed with antioxidants, and free of gluten and dairy. Choose from Pure 60% Dark Chocolate with Crunch Nibs, Pure 70% Dark Chocolate and Pure 85% Dark Chocolate or one of the other gift club options. If you’re not ready to commit to a monthly membership, go with the Ultimate Holiday FIX Gift Pack of 24 mini chocolate squares for $20 or the Ultimate Holiday Cheer Gift Cube of 90 squares for $30.
Vegan Pie Kit
A great partner gift for Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s vegan cookbook Vegan Pie in the Sky, this pie kit includes the base ingredients to make her amazing dessert recipes. In this kit, you’ll find Rapunzel organic corn starch, Nutiva organic extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil, Sweet & Sara vegan graham cracker crumbs, NOW brand Agar powder, Woodstock Farms raw organic cashews, Healthy Top vegan whipping cream and Mori-Nu extra firm silken tofu.
Go Vegetarian! Gift Basket
The perfect choice for a new vegetarian or for someone you’d like to be! Contains the book Simply Vegan or another cookbook of equal or greater cost, Harvest Direct Soy Burger Mix, Road’s End Pasta Shells & ChReese Mix, a 2-pack of VeganSweets Frosted Donuts, Stonewall’s Jerquee, Parmazano Parmesan Cheese Alternative, a Tropical Source Chocolate Bar, an Alternative Baking Co. cookie, Whizzers Chocolate Beans and a Go Vegetarian! bumper sticker.
All Good Goop
(Elementalherbs.com, starting at $6)
Not for eating, but definitely for the eco-minded home chef who wants to prevent dish pan hands. This aromatic moisturizer and soothing salve is organic, petroleum-free and made of kitchen ingredients, such as olive oil, lavender, plantain and other healing herbs. Because it also contains beeswax, it isn’t for the vegan purist.