The perfect after-Thanksgiving dish
Wondering what to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers? Whip up this easy turkey casserole for a delicious and creative post-Thanksgiving meal. So flip on the football and curl up with a hot serving of this tasty dish...
"Hostess-ed" out from serving Thanksgiving dinner? Keep your family happy by using leftover Thanksgiving dishes to create this tasty turkey casserole. Prepare it the morning after Thanksgiving for a full day of football watching, Christmas tree hunting and game playing -- check out our game picks below! Your family will thank you.
Prep: 15 min | Cook Time: 40 min
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey.
- Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, with potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with dried cranberries.
- Instead of mashed potatoes, try mashed cauliflower for a calorie-saving swap!
- Swap shredded mozzarella cheese for 1-1/2 cups of diced vegetables like green beans and corn.
- Swap turkey for chicken, ham, or other meat. Sprinkle on some bacon for extra flavor!
Thanksgiving family games
Add a little friendly post-dinner competition to Thanksgiving with a game night! Our fave family games include the classics Monopoly, Uno, Twister and Pictionary. Or check out this list of the 15 best board games for family game night!