If you love seafood, don’t miss this unique recipe for delicious scallops.
- 1 1/2 pounds bay or (larger) sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry on paper towels
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon medium grind pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup water and set aside
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese (plus 3 tablespoons for topping)
- 1 bay leaf
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If necessary, slice down sea scallops into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Combine wine, water, bay leaf, thyme and pepper in saucepan. Stir cornstarch mixture until smooth and gently blend into pan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring, about 2 minutes until clear.
- Remove bay leaf, fold in Jarlsberg and scallops. Divide among 4 â€” 6 scallop-shaped serving shells, individual baking dishes or ovenproof ramekins. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Bake until bubbly, 8 – 10 minutes.
Serves 4 – 6.