Pumpkin and mascarpone no-bake cookies
An easy pumpkin filled treat that requires no baking will leave plenty of time for fun and games. Get your creative juices flowing and create a romantic scavenger hunt in your home.
Turn your next date night at home into a romantic adventure. This game will involve a bit of planning and a little creativity, but it's nothing you can't handle. If you want to be just as entertained, make your date create a hunt for you, too. Come up with fun tasks and clues like, drink a glass of wine where we like to look at the stars. Each task must be completed before you can move on to the next. Tasks can be hidden in various places in your house or outside to keep the game active. Offer little prizes at each activity or save up for one big grand prize at the end, like a back massage. Add prepping dessert to the beginning of the game and by the time you are finished, you'll be ready to eat it. It may sound a little cheesy, but it will quickly transform typical activities into a game you can both enjoy.
Pumpkin and mascarpone no-bake cookies are the perfect dessert to include in this game. They are quick and easy and can set up in the freezer while you play the game. After you are finished, pull these fall treats out and serve with an Irish coffee or your favorite after dinner drink.
Mascarpone and pumpkin no-bake cookies
Yields about 18 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- In a large bowl combine mascarpone, pumpkin, vanilla and spices. When the butter mixture is boiling, remove from heat and pour carefully into the bowl. Stir to melt the cheese and combine the ingredients.
- Add oats, graham cracker crumbs and walnuts and stir to combine. If the mixture is too runny, add more oats. Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper and lay spoonfuls of the cookie mixture on it. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator.