It’s that time of year! It’s fall and pumpkins are on the brain. You can’t go anywhere without running into a pumpkin-flavored coffee drink, cookie or bread….and we love it!
Embrace the season and start your day off with some pumpkin-flavored gluten-free breakfast goodies! These muffins are great served at breakfast with hot tea or coffee or for a special brunch or mid-afternoon snack!
This recipe is from Glutino, a company that offers gluten-free baking mixes, breads and a wide variety of other gluten-free food products.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
Makes 24 muffins
- 2-1/2 cups Gluten Free Pantry Muffin and Scone Mix
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, plus 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add the egg mixture to the butter and beat to combine.
- Toss the muffin mix with cinnamon and add it to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the pumpkin and mix everything to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips or raisins.
- Spoon the batter 3/4 of the way to the top of regular-sized, prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Before you know it, fall will be over. Take advantage of the treats the season has to offer and incorporate a little pumpkin into your life!
More gluten-free recipes to try
Gluten-free Ghirardelli fudgy brownies
Gluten-free Parmesan-topped cornbread
Gluten-free pancakes with berry compote
Gluten-free macaroni and cheese
Gluten-free sandwich bread
Gluten-free basic barbecue sauce