Avoid the busy coffee shops and your weekend chores by spending your morning enjoying breakfast in bed with your sweetie. This fall favorite goes perfectly with a full serving of cuddle time.
Who says date night has to be at night? Plan your next date night in the morning and include a full spread of breakfast in bed. Perhaps you can even talk your man into doing the cooking. Think crepes, fresh fruit, mimosas, crispy bacon…need I go on? I long for a fancy Sunday brunch just about every day, so why not create your own version in the comfort of your pajamas? From Eggs Benedict to quiche, there are several options that are as easy to make as they are decadent. After breakfast, plan to stay in bed, watch movies and snuggle up all day long. Don’t let thoughts of laundry or dirty kitchen floors sneak into your mind. Commit your next Saturday morning to a romantic date.
Of course, no breakfast would be complete without coffee, and this time of year it’s all about the pumpkin lattes. I’ll let you in on a little secret the coffee shops don’t want you to know — you can make pumpkin lattes all year long. For the cost of one venti, no whip, extra foam latte, you can make a whole season’s worth of pumpkin spice syrup to flavor your coffee every day of the week.
Pumpkin spice latte recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- Espresso or coffee
- Cream or milk
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, reduce heat and add sugar. Stir until it is dissolved. Add in remaining ingredients and continue to heat the mixture for a few minutes until everything has had a chance to combine. Try not to let the mixture come to a boil.
- Strain the mixture through a coffee filter.
- To make a latte, add 3 tablespoons of the syrup to 2 shots of espresso and steamed milk. You can also add it to coffee, or if you are really adventurous, make a cocktail out of it.
More delicious breakfast recipes
5 Breakfast recipes both Mom and kids will love
Skinny eggs Benedict
Spinach and feta quiche recipe
Leave a Comment