Gluten-free cupcake of the week
Elana Amsterdam is the popular food blogger of "Elana’s Pantry," where she has shared gluten-free recipes since 2006. Her latest cookbook, Gluten-free Cupcakes, is filled with 50 recipes for the goodness that is found in a (gluten-free) cupcake!
This week we're getting into the season of things and sharing Elana's recipe for apple spice cupcakes. Great as an afternoon snack or served with or without frosting (try her gluten-free cream cheese frosting), the cinnamon and apples will surely get you in the mood for the fall season. Check out more of Elana's recipes by visiting "Elana's Pantry." If you like this recipe, you'll definitely want to consider picking up a copy of her cookbook, "Gluten-free Cupcakes!"
Apple spice cupcakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green apple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, grapeseed oil and agave nectar. Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined, then fold in the apples.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for one hour, then frost and serve.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten free.