I knew apples and turkey went well together, but I never considered combining them to make a slider that’s both healthy and delicious.
Whenever I visit my family, I always get a few delicious homecooked meals and inevitably head home with a couple of new recipes under my belt that I can’t wait to reproduce. This visit was no different. My mother made some spectacular brownies and a wonderful pasta salad, but she also made these amazing little turkey sliders. They were salty and sweet, and I couldn’t get enough. I must have eaten six or seven of them in a matter of minutes — but I wasn’t the only one. All the kids gobbled them up, too. Since they were such a huge hit with my husband and the kiddies as well, I asked for the recipe and how complicated they were to recreate. She told me they were a piece of cake and she fully intends to make them again… and again. So, here they are — the perfect burger whether you’re doing dinner for four or 40.
Mar-a-lago Turkey Burger
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Major Grey’s Chutney, pureed
- Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the oil until tender. Let cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper and place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for seven minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for five minutes. Serve on your favorite hamburger roll.
>>More Tonight’s Dinner Recipes
Other burger recipes from SheKnows
American hamburger pie
Blue cheese burger kabobs
Portobello and pesto burgers
Leave a Comment