Strawberries are that wonderful, universal fruit that are good in muffins, salads, or jams. But pasta? Who knew a simple fruit could make a savory dish sweet?
I use strawberries all year round. I sprinkle them on my cereal for breakfast, use them to make luscious strawberry shortcakes, and even have a few as an afternoon snack. But I never, ever thought of adding them to pasta for a nice cold summer pasta salad. Parents Magazine did though and what a great combination. Not only do I have a wonderful light dinner that’s both sweet and salty, my little picky eater cleaned his plate! Since there aren’t many entrées that perform this amazing feat, you can be sure I’m making this salad again. If you have a picky eater in the family, give this salad a try, you’ll be amazed at the results.
Strawberry Pasta Salad
- 1-1/2 cups farfalle pasta
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 3 ounces small buffalo mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, strawberries, and mozzarella. Add the dressing, toss again and serve.
>>More Tonight’s Dinner Recipes
Other Strawberry Recipes from SheKnows
- Panna Cotta with Strawberries in Balsamic Sauce
- Quick-Fried Chicken Salad with Strawberries
- Strawberries Romanoff
Leave a Comment