Tonight's Dinner: Marinated Tomato & Mozzarella Tortellini
Some heirloom tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and a vinaigrette are all you need to make a nice light pasta dish the whole family will enjoy.
Sometimes all I want for dinner is something easy. Something that doesn't take too long and takes little or no brain power to throw together. I usually want a meal like this on the days that I've been running like a chicken without its head or after I've returned from a long relaxing vacation and I'm not quite ready to go back to every day life. It's days like these when a meal like this is ideal. And with so few ingredients, you probably won't have to make a trip to the grocery store. So the next time the idea of slaving over a hot stove for an hour or so turns you cold, grab that package of tortellini you've been saving and whip up this delicious gem.
Marinated Tomato & Mozzarella Tortellini
- 1 pound mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 12 small buffalo mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken tortellini
- Mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and let stand for 10-20 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and mozzarella marinate, cook the tortellini according to the package directions; drain. Put the pasta in a large serving bowl. Pour the tomato mixture over the tortellini and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.