Earlier this week I talked about using left over bagels to make mini pizzas for the family. Well, you can do the same thing with eggs and home fries, especially if you’re a frittata fan.
I love frittatas. Here’s why they’re so great: they’re always a nice brunch treat, they look amazing and everyone always seems to want seconds. But for all the reasons I enjoy them, there are just as many reasons why I hate them. They take a long time to cook and there never seems to be enough. But by using a muffin pan to make mini frittatas, you’ll cut the cooking time in half and there will be more than enough for each person to have their own. You can even get an extra meal out of this tasty egg dish if you follow Parents Magazine’s advice like I did and add some pepperoni and mozzarella to turn this yummy breakfast treat into an awesome dinner delight.
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup red, orange or green bell pepper, minced
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 ounces pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté mushrooms and bell pepper in a large pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tender. While the vegetables cook, whisk together the eggs and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and divide cooked veggies evenly into each cup. Line the inside of each muffin cup with 4 pepperoni slices. Pour whisked eggs evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until egg is set and puffy. Serve with homefries and your favorite dipping sauce.
Other Frittata Recipes from SheKnows
- Individual Italian Sausage & Vegetable Frittatas
- Spaghetti Frittata
- Sun-dried Tomato Frittata