Tonight's Dinner: Pizza Bagels
Bagels are an easy breakfast treat. But add some tomato sauce and cheese and you've got a super easy dinner the whole family will love.
Bagels are one of my all time favorite breakfast foods. I don't care if they're onion, poppy seed, or plain. If it's a circular piece of bread, I'm all in. But after everyone takes a bagel or two for breakfast, I find myself left with a lot of halves that don't seem to match. Sure, I could freeze them and use them for breakfast in a day or two, but I could also turn them into a yummy dinner treat.
The best thing about this idea is that I don't need to do any extra shopping. I can go basic and just do tomato sauce and cheese or I can make my pizzas more interesting by adding some meat and veggies. It doesn't even matter if everyone likes different toppings. Since each bagel is a single serving, every member of your family can put whatever they want on top. So the next time you're craving pizza, grab that extra bagel or two you have in the freezer and make your own.
- 4 plain bagels, sliced in half
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon 1/8 cup of tomato sauce on each half a bagel. Sprinkle cheese evenly over all the bagel halves. Place pepperoni on top of cheese.
- Place prepared bagels on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and bagels are toasted. Serve immediately.