Ground turkey and a bag of stir-fry vegetables are all it takes to make a healthy, delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
One of my favorite appetizers at Chinese or Thai restaurants are those yummy lettuce cups. Sometimes they’re filled with chicken, sometimes ground beef and always a variety of vegetables. Then the whole combination is covered in teriyaki or soy sauces and dropped in a large lettuce leaf to be devoured. I can never get enough of them. But since it’s usually only served as an appetizer, I’m lucky if I even get one cup. It’s actually kind of sad that they only come in appetizer form because I could easily eat three or four lettuce cups and be completely satisfied with my meal. I’m evidently not alone in that thought, since Taste of Home listed these scrumptious Turkey Lettuce Cups specifically as an entree. And since they’re so easy to make, I plan on having them a lot more often.
Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 butter lettuce leaves
- Cook turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Coarsely chop mixed vegetables, add to the pan. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and oil and cook for five minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the onions. Spoon a 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture on to each lettuce leaf and serve.
>>More Tonight’s Dinner Recipes
Other Asian Recipes from SheKnows
- Kogi hot dogs
- Saki spritzer
- Sweet and sour turkey
Leave a Comment