Expand your horizons when you think about salads. They’re not all the tossed green variety. From melons to beans to greens, a salad makes a perfect Meatless Monday meal.
It’s easy to feel like you’re eating right by just sitting down with a simple salad for lunch or dinner. But sometimes we get so set in our ways with a particular meal it’s hard to break away from what we know best — and that can get boring. Spruce things up with your salads! Use a variety of greens and main ingredients to make them flavorful, filling and fascinating!
Salad situation, A-OK
There are so many types of salads it’s amazing! Check out the variety of salads that will make your Meatless Monday meals anything but boring:
- Tabbouleh salad
- Barley salad with summer vegetables
- Escarole and toasted walnut salad with lemon dressing
- Easy broccoli salad
- Haricot bean salad
- Edamame and corn salad
- Chopped shrimp Waldorf salad
- 10-minute Mediterranean tuna salad
- Potato salad with fava beans and fennel
- Potato salad with chile-cumin vinaigrette
- Mixed fruit salad with spicy dressing
- Honeydew melon salad with citrus dressing
- Greek feta pasta salad
- Fruity pasta salad
The perfect take-to-work lunch, salads are convenient and healthy. Hosting a heavy-duty get together? Salads are easy to make and have something for everyone to enjoy. Tired of turning on the oven? Salads make a perfect no-cook meal in minutes.