Tuna doesn’t just have to be reserved for sandwiches or the grill. Stir-frying it with noodles is a great alternative when you have a small amount of fish and want to feed the whole family.
The other day I posted a recipe for a tuna sashimi salad. While it was delicious, there was more than my little family of two and a half could eat, which meant that I had a lot of raw tuna left over.
Here’s the thing about raw tuna (or any kind of fish for that matter), while you want to eat it as soon as possible, if there’s just too much to eat, you don’t need to throw the rest out. You can do what I often do which is wrap it up and put it back in the refrigerator to use a day or two later in another recipe. So, that’s what I did with our leftover sashimi. I dredged it in cornstarch, stir-fried it up with some peas, scallions, and rice noodles, and dinner was served and not an ounce of fish went to waste.
Tuna Stir-fry Over Rice Noodles
- 10 ounces rice noodles
- 1/2 pound raw tuna, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss the tuna with one tablespoon of soy sauce. Add the cornstarch and toss until tuna’s well coated.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, remaining soy sauce and brown sugar until well combined; set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the tuna and cook until no longer pink, about two minutes. Add the corn, scallions and peas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the noodles. Pour the coconut milk mixture over everything in the wok and toss to coat. Cook for one more minute or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Other Stir-fry Recipes from SheKnows
- Asian cabbage and shiitake mushroom stir-fry
- Cinnamon coconut shrimp stir-fry
- Stir-fry chicken spaghetti