Keep your next date night sweet and simple by creating a coffee shop vibe and enjoying homemade dessert. Round out the night by remembering why you fell in love in the first place.
You don’t have to make a big, fancy meal or buy expensive flowers to have a great date night. Keep it sweet and simple by indulging in a dessert and a home brewed latte. This take on bananas foster is easy and you don’t have to light anything on fire.
While you’re munching on these eggrolls and sipping your coffee, get out two pieces of paper and write down your favorite ten things about your date. Sure, it sounds cheesy but relationships need a little bit of corniness every now and then to keep the love alive. Not only will you find pleasure in thinking of all the reasons you adore your partner, but you’ll get a confidence boost when you hear your partner’s favorite things about you. Hang your lists on the refrigerator, your bathroom mirror or even frame them. You’ll smile every time you catch a glimpse and you’ll be even more excited for your next date night.
Bananas Foster Eggrolls
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 4 eggroll wrappers
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon and sugar mixture
Caramel Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cut bananas into small chunks and add them to a bowl with brown sugar, cinnamon, and rum. Stir together until combined.
- Place a spoonful of the banana mixture in the center of each eggroll wrapper and roll them up. Brush the outside with some melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Poke a small hole in each roll to let the steam out while they cook.
- Bake the eggrolls in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- While the eggrolls are cooking, make your caramel sauce. Get all of the ingredients ready and easy to access – caramel making is a quick and finicky process.
- In a large saucepan, add sugar and melt on medium to high heat. You will need to stir this constantly to avoid burning the sugar. Once the sugar has melted completely, stop stirring or it will crystallize. When it comes to a boil and is amber in color, add in the butter. Stir until the butter is completely melted and then remove from the heat. Carefully pour in the cream and vanilla. It will likely bubble up so use a deep pan and use caution. Stir until it is mixed in. Pour into a glass container and let cool.
- Serve eggrolls with warm caramel sauce.
More Dessert Recipes
More date night dishes
- Zucchini cakes with creamy green chile sauce
- Honey lime fish tacos with tomatillo sauce
- Watermelon limeade
sexy date night ideas
- Creative ways to use chocolate for a romantic night
- Double date ideas that don’t suck
- How to live like you’re always on your honeymoon