Tonight's Dinner: Lemon-Pesto Chicken with Tomato Couscous
Sprinkling salt and pepper over chicken before you grill can make a quick and easy chicken dinner that tastes fine. But instead of fine why not make it fantastic by brushing a lemon-pesto marinade over it instead?
Sometimes there's nothing better than a grilled piece of chicken. But just because the chicken comes off the grill doesn't mean a lot of work needs to go into making it spectacular. You don't have to spend hours making the perfect barbecue sauce or finding the right combination of spices to sprinkle over it. You don't even have to master your outdoor barbecue.
Just take some pesto, add a little lemon juice, brush it on your chicken and you're good to go. What about the grill, you ask? Simply fire up your grill pan and the chicken will taste just like it's fresh off the outdoor barbecue, without having to set foot outside your kitchen. Add a side of tomato couscous and you've got a healthy dinner in minutes.
Lemon-pesto chicken and tomato couscous
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl combine pesto, lemon juice and zest. Brush chicken with pesto mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and grill for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous according to package directions. When ready, transfer to medium bowl and stir in tomatoes.
- Transfer chicken to plate and serve with couscous.
Other Chicken Recipes from SheKnows